Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Green Knight--Lurking Menace [1184 Ad] VII Part Two of Two

The Green Knight
Lurking Menace

VII

[1184 AD: Angelina of Glastonbury]




[Part two of two]


“The girl had not escaped my hand or sword, I was her slayer, but had I know of her presence, it would have altered my plans, and my frame of mind I’m sure.
“This girl who hid amongst the Arabs, as if she was one, was not of course one, but had turned from Christianity to be a Muslim, and was torn it seems to me on her duty, to kill, and fight for their cause, or to live a normal life, whatever—I was her lurking menace, and her means of death.
“The fire seemed to me to be a weird form of an underground moonlight, reflecting on the body parts as I looked at the hidden eyes in the seven decapitated heads. I paced about, had my eyes come back to the girl several times. I followed the tail of blood from her head to her neck (to her torso).
“I was walking around the pillar like a drunk knight. My human frame erect, as I walked a ways, down the dark corridor, halfway down, I heard a voice say, “Green Knight, Green Knight, come back!”
“The voice sounded like a freighted child on her way to hell. I went back swiftly through the black tunnels, then came upon the campsite again, bend over the fire, the head close by, the head of the girls, I looked into her eyes, of that decapitated head, nausea befell me, “yes,” I said, then it spoke, “This is the year of the birth of my cousin, Angelina, I have seen her in a vision, as you will,” her eyes now pitched dark, then in a low urgent voice she cried out once more, find her in the year 1199 AD and marry her, she will be raped, stop it, she will be waiting for you!”
“Then I got a brood impression of a shapeless bulk leave this tomb, it circled around me, it was her, swiftly taken to the pits of hell by two flying dark demon, all I saw were the shadows, but the mind can at times transpose them figures to its rightful shapes and owners, and my mind did. As I left the underground cavern, my soul was happy, but my mind too full of thinks I knew nothing about. And I knew if I lived to the year 1199, I’d seek this maiden out, but with all the wars at hand, I had my doubts I’d live that long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home